Group therapy is a unique kind of therapy where a group of people who are likely experiencing similar challenges in the period of their lives gets together to process their experiences and explore growth in a collaborative setting. Group members work to maintain a safe environment that is conducive both for sharing and building trust so that everyone will feel respected and valued.
Typically, groups meet either weekly or biweekly. The type of group will influence the duration of the group cycle. Group therapy sessions may be between 60 – 90 minutes. Sessions are conducted in-person or via telehealth.
Current group offerings:
Black Beyond is an 8-week virtual support group for Black folks of nonbinary, genderqueer, and genderfluid experience to grow and find solidarity in the Black gender expansive experience.
This group encompasses shared reading from Black gender expansive authors, journaling prompts and reflections, and group discussions aimed at supporting you in:
- gaining a deeper personal connection to Black nonbinary, genderqueer, and genderfluid identity
- unpacking colonized notions about what it means to be Black and gender expansive
- fostering community with other gender expansive Black folks
- nurturing your unique gender identity
- exploring boundaries and processing anxieties around inviting folks into your truth
Session Dates: January 7th, January 14th, January 21st, January 28th, February 4th, February 11th, February 18th, February 25th
Time: Thursday evenings from 6pm-7:30pm Eastern Time
Cost: $340 for the full 8-week cycle. $320 if paid in full by December 20th
The group cohort is limited to 6 participants. Appropriate prospective participants complete 15-minute consultation to ensure that the group is a good fit.