Do you need support, but can’t make it to an in-person appointment?
Are you a busy stay-at-home or working parent, and don’t have time to schedule or keep therapy appointments?
Do your mental health symptoms make it difficult for you to leave home some days?
Tele-behavioral health appointments can be very beneficial if getting to a traditional in-person appointment is a challenge for you. If you lack the time or resources to use public transportation, are physically disabled, or otherwise have your mobility restricted, tele-behavioral health appointments can help by removing the need to leave your home to attend an appointment.
Sessions are provided through a secure HIPAA-compliant video platform, allowing you to engage and remain engaged in treatment in the event of injury or illness, transportation concerns, or other issues which prohibit travel to a physical location. Sessions are never recorded.
Tips for A Successful Tele-Behavioral Health Session
- Choose a private setting that is quiet and free from distractions and interruptions.
- Always use a secure, password-protected internet connection on a private computer, tablet, or mobile device. Connecting to public network may compromise the security of your session. Never use a public computer, tablet, or mobile device.
- Make sure your computer, tablet, or mobile device is fully charged or plugged in and running the most updated software.
- Close all background applications on your computer, tablet, or mobile device to ensure the fastest internet connection and clearest video image.
- Never share your telehealth platform username or password with anyone.